HOW TO KEEP YOUR HOME FREE FROM PESTS, BUGS & INSECTS
While annual termite inspections and pest control treatments are a must for all Australian properties there are also ways to reduce the amount of pests you are attracting in your home environment. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
Most homes offer a warm, cosy environment with access to food and water. An attractive home for any pest. Home pest control is always a joint effort between then home owner and professional pest controllers. Get the most out of your treatments will make them last longer and keep your family safe and healthy.
- Declutter shelves to make them easy to clean and reduce pest hiding places.
- Seal, put away and tidy food. Clean up scraps and grease.
- Seal and fill gaps and cracks from leaking pipes.
- Clean bins and sinks often.
- Remove cardboard boxes - they are ideal dark caves where bugs will congregate.
- Keep your yard, lawn, garage and shed neat and tidy to reduce hiding places.
- Wash out bins regularly.
- Remove rotting foods from vegetable garden beds – over ripe tomatoes, potatoes and onions are commonly infested.
- Wash out mops and cleaning goods and keep them dry.
If you have ongoing infestations even after following these tips please contact us. Often an investigation will reveal the cause of the problem and we can devise a plan to eradicate the problem.